Monday, May 24, 2010

Acts 8

Acts 8 is a study in bold ministry. It starts our with a persecuted church being forced out. They are going and telling people about Jesus wherever they go. They are bold and Spirit led individuals. There are some bumps along the way with new believers, but the leadership is bold enough to say what the problems are, and the new believers humble enough to ask for help. But what really hit me is Philip and his connection to God. He is led by angels and drawn by the Spirit in a way I have never experienced. When urged to approach an important figure, he does so. And when he saw an opportunity to share the gospel, he does so. When asked if he could baptize that Ethiopian, he finds a bit of water and does it. He never wavers, never questions, and doesn't requires extra classes for the baptism. He just goes and does in Jesus name. He leads people to salvation everywhere he goes because he is sold out for Jesus, and the Holy Spirit is just all over him. I think it is just amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Rob, I agree with you about Phillip and his connection to God. If only I felt that same connection. I know my challenge from this chapter is to take the time to actually listen to God and hear what the Spirit is telling and where He is leading me. It's so easy to stop listening and start doing without really knowing what God's will is. I really want to change the way I live out my life.

    ReplyDelete