Thursday, June 3, 2010

Acts 18

I wonder what would happen if, like Apollos, we studied the Scriptures with such fervor that we had the courage to stand up and speak boldly the message we read there?

I wonder what would happen if, like Priscilla and Aquila, we were willing to share with bold believers what we had learned in ministry, and, like Apollos, we would listen and involve ourselves in that discussion, so that we all had a better understanding of our faith.

I wonder what would change if, like Paul, we listened for the voice of God and took courage from his words and spoke without fear to our communities, trusting in him.

I wonder what would occur if we continually sought new audiences, shaking off the stubborn and seeking the willing?

Today, I just wonder.

1 comment:

  1. Rob...You've summarized what I've been thinking but haven't really put words to. In some ways Acts has been harder to do this Bible study on. Unlike Matthew there really aren't key verses to focus on. Instead, its a book of action, telling the story about the growth of the church. But all the while when reading about the early church you can't help but compare it to today's church. They had so little but accomplished so much and we (who have so much)just don't have the impact it seem we should have. I want to feel like the early church members did and want to really make a difference. but I keeping asking myself...how do we get there?

    ReplyDelete